I started teaching WordPress.com blog classes last year. I’ve done several workshops for beginners. Now, on 6/21/2011, I’m going to teach what we’re calling a “blogging intensive,” for people who want to take their blog to a professional level.
This workshop is about turning a blog into a full-fledged website.
If you think this might be for you, ask yourself, “Do I want to use my blog to …?
- include an online image portfolio or gallery?
- include the “about,” “contact,” “commission a work” pages that are necessary to promote my business?
- link to all of my social media?
- promote and link to my etsy.com site?
- organize a library of all the information I’ve written about in my blog?
- be clean and compelling with branded imagery?
- be found in search engines by people who are interested in my work?
- and more…
To get the most out of this class you should have at least one of the following:
- Your own blog
- Your own website
- Contributed articles or posts on a shared blog (so you are familiar with a dashboard interface)
This session will be limited to 8 people. WordPress.com will be the standard blogging platform for the class; however, the theories we talk about can be applied across other platforms.
Your laptop computer with power source and mouse (if you use one) or your IPAD. Wireless internet access is available. If you don’t have a laptop, bring a notepad.
Time: Tuesday, June 21, 6:15-9:15 pm
Location: New Pieces Quilt Shop, 766 Gilman Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
To sign up: Call New Pieces at 510-527-6779