Every Tuesday in January & February 2011, 4-6 pm
RSVP or questions: CYN@CYNWORKS.COM, 925-413-0044
Who should come:
Blogging novice > expert. All levels welcome.
The reason to come is to share ideas and learn from others – to get refreshed, excited, and inspired! You’ll have real people to talk to and hands-on demos in a fun environment.
What to expect:
Freeform, interactive session for artists, craftmakers, sewists, or anyone who would like to keep a regular blogging practice in 2011.
What you will need!
Your email address and password – preferably an account you can access while at the workshop. We’ll use your email address to set up a blog account for you.
Bring (optional yet encouraged):
- Laptop – or if you don’t have a portable computer, bring a notebook & a pen
- If you have digital pictures on your laptop, that’s helpful
- 2011 Calendar – hard copy may make it easier to jot down ideas!
- Notes, drawings, or ideas
- Quilts – completed or in progress
- Sewing projects – completed or in progress
- Craft projects – completed or in progress
- Ideas about how you would like your work to be seen/photographed
You’ll Get Hands-on how to:
- Create a WordPress.com blog
- Purchase a URL (with your credit card – sites run from $5 – $20/year)
- Design custom graphics for headers and buttons
- Write in a blog – learn what all those little buttons mean!
- Get better at blog page design – many secrets to share!
- Optimize your photos for a blog
- Connect your blog to social media like Facebook and Twitter
Lots of people who start a blog want to chat about:
- How much text should I use?
- How many images belong in a post?
- What’s the best way to link to other sites?
- How do I get people to read my blog?
- Bring your work to be photographed! You’ll get the pictures (high resolution JPGs)
- You’ll be able to post to your blog the very first time you come to a workshop
- You’ll meet other people who share your interests and have a support group